If you just can’t seem to get enough Palmetto Cheese into your diet, then you’re in the right place. Below are twenty serving tips that are sure to please your family and friends. The serving tips below are in no particular order. If you have a serving suggestion that isn’t listed below, please send us a comment.
If you like to dip crackers, chips with your cheese, by all means grab those too.
Click here for our step by step directions if you’re a newbie to the pimento cheese sandwich.
3. Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwich – you would think it’s the same thing as a pimento cheese sandwich, but you would be wrong. Sure, the basic setup is the same, white bread and Palmetto Cheese, but after that is where it becomes so much better. Slather both sides of your sandwich with some olive oil or butter. Place sandwich onto a heated skillet or a grill and brown each side. Warm bread with melted Palmetto Cheese inside, a grilled cheese sandwich never tasted so good.
You won’t have a cheeseburger any other way after you try it.
Want to try a hamburger stuffed with pimento cheese, click here!!
6. Palmetto Cheese Sticks with Spicy Ranch Dipping Sauce - mounds of Ritz cracker crusted pimento cheese deep fried to a golden brown. What could possibly make this any better? How about creamy ranch dressing with hot sauce to dip it all in. The complete recipe is available on our website, view here.
Add a little spice by using Jalapeno Palmetto Cheese. View the recipe here.
8. Buffalo Chicken Dip - chicken tenders tossed together with bleu cheese dressing, cream cheese, Jalapeno Palmetto Cheese and buffalo wing sauce is a combination that is sure to please the spicy food lovers in your family. Not into spicy food? Simply omit the buffalo wing sauce and use Original Palmetto Cheese. Leaving out the spice, but keeping all the flavor!! Need the recipe, click here.
9. Palmetto Chicken Cordon Bleu – the Grand Prize winner from our Soulful Recipe Contest submitted by Brewster Buck. Breaded chicken breast stuffed with ham and Palmetto Cheese topped with a light PC cream sauce. Your family will continue to request this delightful dish for dinner so be warned.
Makes for a great dinner appetizer or party snack. View the recipe here.
11. Palmetto Cheese Crab Dip – if you would rather have seafood instead of sausage, then crab dip is where it’s at. Mix a 16 oz can of crabmeat (claw or lump) with a tub of Palmetto Cheese. Bake in the oven until hot, about 45 minutes depending on how deep your baking dish is. Serve crab dip as an appetizer with bread or crackers. You can also top your beef, poultry of fish dish with the crab dip to impress your dinner guests.
12. Palmetto Cheese Ring -It is holiday season! Easy, peazy, sure-fire appetizer:
- Mix 3 containers PC with 1 cup lightly toasted pecan pieces.
- Mold the mixture into a ring (you can put a small bowl in the middle to help you mold the inside of the ring into a consistent shape).
- Serve with pepper jelly in the center.
Garnish as the holiday spirit moves you (in this case, Rosemary around it and a creative bow using red bell pepper carvings in the front).
13. Baked Palmetto Cheese
Place one 12 oz. container Palmetto Cheese (flavor of your choice) in an oven safe casserole dish. Top with crushed Ritz crackers. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Serve with Frito Scoops. Enjoy!
14. Palmetto Cheese Grits - you’re in the South now and we’re all about our grits. You can eat them plain if you want to, but we add Palmetto Cheese to ours. Mix it in and place a scoop on top for extra measure. You’ll wonder why you haven’t done this sooner.
15. Palmetto Cheese Omelette – make your scrambled eggs or omelette as you normally would, but top them off with some Palmetto Cheese.
Add some bacon or sausage for a great breakfast sandwich.
18. Palmetto Cheese Straws - a light and crispy snack that will give you an alternative to serving chips and pretzels at your next get together. These are easier to make if you have a cookie press or a pastry bag to pipe these out into the correct shape. This will ensure even cooking.
20. Palmetto Clams -Go get some clams at the store, or preferably in one of South Carolina’s pristine marshes. Freeze clams in zip lock bags. Don’t add water. And when you are ready to have a phenomenal appetizer: Remove clams from freezer. Run water over them for several minutes to keep the shells from cracking. Insert knife and open, cutting clam in 2; lay out half shells on baking pan (1/2 of clam on each shell). Allow to thaw and drain for approx 30 to 45 minutes. Cut the clam clear of the shell before applying toppings. (it will be easier to eat out of the shell later!)
Put bits of bacon, thin slice of jalapeno, and Palmetto Cheese on top.
Place into a metal pie pan and cook on the grill for 8 -11 minutes or until clams have cooked. Serve with Louisiana hot sauce
For additional serving tips and recipes for Palmetto Cheese please visit the Serving Tips section of our website - view here. If you’ve got a serving tip to share, please leave us a comment below.
Latest posts by Palmetto Cheese Pimento Cheese with Soul (see all)
- 36th Annual Artists’ Workshop Instructor: Betty Brown - April 23, 2014
- Get your grills ready for Palmetto Cheeseburgers - April 21, 2014
- Publix Sale Ends Tomorrow - April 18, 2014