March 30 – April 5, 2014 – Download Nature Week Brochure
It’s almost that time of the year again for Sea View Inn’s Nature Week. This is an experience you don’t want to miss! The event is fast approaching, so give Sea View Inn a call at (843)237-4253.
What: An authentic experience exploring the natural and cultural splendor around Pawley’s Island, SC.
Where: Sea View Inn: A rustic, beach side Inn, where barefoot is the norm,located on a 4 mile long barrier Island on the SC coast one hour north of Charleston and thirty minutes south of Myrtle Beach. There is nothing commercial here, no cell phones, computers, shopping malls, just laid-back paradise. You get three delicious meals a day of authentic southern food cooked and served by the same amazing, homegrown staff who have remained at the Inn for many, many years.
What is unique? Guided day trips to explore the natural beauty in the surrounding areas to interpret the incredible flora, fuana, and cultural heritage that most never see. Nightly fireside demonstrations, story telling, and live music. Light adventure designed for nature lovers with or without kids.
Whats in it for the kids? Live music and workshops by Ian Sanchez and Hazel Ketchum. Beach walks and shelling. Kid friendly kayaking and exploring adventures. Nightly nature demonstrations and ghost stories. Natural entertainment of a beautiful beach.
(Some of the day trips will be kid friendly while others will be just for adults while the children are entertained at the Inn and beach by Ian Sanchez) *subject to change according to weather conditions ITINERARY:
Sunday – After dinner welcome and introductions
Monday [Tide - H 8:44a & 9:02p L 2:45a & 2:52a]
- Sunrise beach walk and bird watching
- Marsh kayak
- After lunch South Litchfield kayak and shelling trip
- Night time music and presentations
Tuesday [H 9:31a & 9:48p L 3:33a & 3:36p]
- Sunrise marsh walk and bird watching
- Pack a lunch to explore the amazing blackwater of the Wambaw Creek and cultural heritage of Hampton Plantation.
- Explore the wonders of the enchanting Francis Marion Forest by foot and on kayak looking for birds, spring flowers, and other wildlife.
- Music and History presentation
Wednesday [H 10:18a & 10:34p L 4:19a & 4:20p]
- Relax today!
- Beach activities
- Plantation, Gullah, & Ghost explorations
- Ghost Stories
Thursday [H11:07a & 11:22p L 5:03a & 5:03p]
- Sunrise Birding
- Explore the amazing Waccamaw Wildlife refuge with visits to Sandy and Bulls Island.
- Explorations of Bull Island
- Music and more evening
Friday [H 11:59a L 5:48a & 5:48p]
- Beach Walk
- Good bye’s